[c-nsp] fabric switching enable

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Jun 17 17:27:23 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 12:35 -0700, Pham, Loc wrote:
> How can I identify whether our module is switched on mix mode and how
> to change it ? any gotcha ?
>
> xxx#sh fab sw mo all
> Module Slot     Switching Mode
>    1                      Bus
>    2                      Bus
>    3                      Bus
>
> XXX#sh fab sta
>  slot    channel      speed    module               fabric
>                                status               status
>     1          0        20G        OK                   OK

You wouldn't happen to have a "fabric switching-mode force bus-mode" in
your running config?

Try doing a "show fabric switching-mode" without the "module all", it
gives some interesting lines in the beginning.

Changing switching mode power cycles the modules by the way. I guess
that's a gotcha. :-)

Regards,
Peter