[c-nsp] L2TPv3 and SSS

Steven Pfister SPfister at dps.k12.oh.us
Thu Jun 19 15:53:18 EDT 2008

I think I'm making some progress on my L2TPv3 testing (between two 3640s). It looks like the tunnel is being established, but then it tries to bring up a session within that tunnel. One side sends an ICRQ to the other. That other side responds by sending a service request to SSS. I'm not certain what SSS is, but I'm not sure we have it. That's where everything stops. Does anyone know anything about this? I notice one side is set to "sss switching" and the other is "idb switching". Could that make a difference?

Thanks!

Steve Pfister
Technical Coordinator,
The Office of Information Technology