[c-nsp] Routing between VRF and non-VRF

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Fri Jun 20 03:30:18 EDT 2008

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's the "right" way of routing
between VRF and non-VRF interfaces?

I know that something like this works:

ip route vrf MYVRF 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 gig1/0 192.168.123.1

Anyway, this requires the data being routed out of the router and
towards another one ... I've tried different things to keep the actual
transition between VRF and non-VRF on the same router, but have failed,
either by the router denying what I tried to put in, or it not working
... docs didn't seem to contain any other info, either, or I didn't find
the correct document ...

so, what am I missing here?

Tnx, -garry