[c-nsp] Routing between VRF and non-VRF

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Jun 20 04:24:25 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 09:30 +0200, Garry wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's the "right" way of routing
> between VRF and non-VRF interfaces?

Not doing it. ;-)

> I know that something like this works:
>
> ip route vrf MYVRF 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 gig1/0 192.168.123.1
>
> Anyway, this requires the data being routed out of the router and
> towards another one ... I've tried different things to keep the actual
> transition between VRF and non-VRF on the same router, but have failed,
> either by the router denying what I tried to put in, or it not working
> ... docs didn't seem to contain any other info, either, or I didn't find
> the correct document ...
>
> so, what am I missing here?

The "global" keyword may get you a little further. Take a look at

"Internet Access from an MPLS VPN Using a Global Routing Table"
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk428/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801445fb.shtml
http://tinyurl.com/3wkqo3

It has some information on crossing the VRF/non-VRF boundary. What are
you trying to achieve by the way?

Regards,
Peter