[c-nsp] 12.2(33)SXH

Sukumar Subburayan (sukumars) sukumars at cisco.com
Mon Jun 23 06:58:42 EDT 2008

I might have missed the original post from David Freedman on :

 "CONST_DIAG-SP-4-ERROR_COUNTER_WARNING"

Actually, printing this syslog is not a bug. In 12.2(33)SXH onwards, we
added 'LinkErrorMonitoring' feature, where
Diagnostics proactively checks for various ASIC/port related errors
periodically, and would print a syslog when these error
Counters exceed threshold.  That is exactly what the customer we are
seeing in the case below.

In this particular case, the error indicates, that there was 3484 Count
of Packet with CRC Error when packet was
Transmitted on the network from a port belonging to port ASIC (Pinnacle)
0.

A TAC case is in order, to investigate further if any issues are seen in
the network related to this. I am sure the customer
 would have seen these errors even in SXF code, but simply diagnostics
was not monitoring and reporting these errors in that release.

 CSCsm84257 fix should be in SXH3, scheduled tentatively for release end
of next month.

 sukumar