[c-nsp] CISCO-ENVMON-MIB initial Index change in in SXH2a?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 25 13:16:17 EDT 2008

David Freedman wrote:
> As far as I'm aware these indices are not in the ENTITY-MIB , I've
> confirmed this by walking it on both SXF and SXH boxes.

Sorry, I'm thinking of the ENTITY-SENSOR mib.

> I know you can't rely on index persistance in all cases and to do so for
> such indices would be silly, but I'm sure the algorithm for generating
> these must have changed here.

Maybe:

ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusIndex OBJECT-TYPE
     SYNTAX      Integer32 (0..2147483647)
     MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
     STATUS      current
     DESCRIPTION
         "Unique index for the testpoint being instrumented.
          This index is for SNMP purposes only, and has no
          intrinsic meaning."

Shrug.