[c-nsp] WIC-1ADSL vs PA-1C-P

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Thu Jun 26 11:47:45 EDT 2008

Wondering if anyone can help me dispel this mystery ...

I've got two ADSL cards, both p/n 73-4771-08.

One is inserted into a WIC slot on a 2811 running 12.3(8)T6. The "show diag"
mentions no FRU #, but I know it is a WIC-1ADSL.

The other is inserted into a NM-2W module on a 3640 running 12.3(26). The
"show diag" shows FRU # PA-1C-P.

Otherwise, hardware revision, board revision, etc are identical.

The output of a "show controller ATM x/x" command is very different between
the two platforms.

The 2811 allows me to configure "clock rate" on the ATM interface, the 3640
doesn't.

Are these 73-4771-08 cards both the same?
Do you think the differences in configuration support and output are due to
an IOS or hardware platform issue, or both?

Thanks
Adam