[c-nsp] BGP sessions won't establish.

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Fri Jun 27 20:44:27 EDT 2008

Roy wrote:
> Just to bring everybody up to date, the ISP keeps saying its something
> we are doing.  To eliminates any quirks, we have a spare router directly
> connected to the metro ethernet box now.  All the hardware is different
> and we have tried several version of IOS.  The config has been stripped
> down to bare bones.  I have attached the relevant portion.  The first
> session (the neighbor ending in .233) comes up.  The other one (ending
> in .18) fails

Are both sessions perhaps going to the same router on the remote side?
It won't be happy establishing two sessions to the same neighbor.  Can
you create another loopback and have the ISP point their neighbor on the
second session to it?

Or if directly connected EBGP over metro ethernet on the same subnet,
just use the ethernet interface for the updates.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net