[c-nsp] Multiple 802.1q subinterfaces with the same vlan under the same physical interface

luismi asturluismi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 14:15:28 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I have a dude I could solve using a lab enviroment but for several
reasons I don't have enought time at this momment, neither I have the
correct equipment here.

I am thinking on collapse several routers configurations in new
equipment, deploying subinterfaces with 802.1q and VRFs.

The situation is that for the same physical interface I would have
several subinterfaces, working in the same vlan but diferent vrf, with
also diferent ip addresses but all of them are in the same subnet.

The question is, is the router going to be enough clever to deliver the
packet in the correct interface? Take note that the IP address use as
destination in the incoming packet is not going to be ip address of the
interface since the router and its vrfs.

I don't know exaclty if I express my idea correctly, I hope that.

Every comment is welcome.

Regards.