[c-nsp] Peering between two AS's both running OSPF

Marc Archer marc at archernet.id.au
Mon Mar 3 05:37:39 EST 2008

Hi all,

We run OSPF on our work network and we need to "peer" with another
network also running OSPF. All the doco and examples around seem to
illustrate the ASBR role by redistributing RIP from the other AS, but
can this easily be done using OSPF all round? Can you run two OSPF
processes on the border router and redistribute the routes from one to
the other etc? Or does there need to be redistribution from another
protocol here

If it helps, the border router is in Area 0 on our side & we have been
told to use 1.3.0.0 for the remote side

Thanks,

Marc