[c-nsp] Peering between two AS's both running OSPF

Eric Cables ecables at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 16:34:04 EST 2008

You can run multiple OSPF processes on the same router, and then
redistribute between those processes.  Just use route-maps to control what
you let in/out during the redistribution.

!
router ospf 10
 redistribute ospf 20 subnets route-map FROM_OSPF_20
!
router ospf 20
 redistribute ospf 10 subnets route-map FROM_OSPF_10
!

In your route-maps you can match by prefix-list, ACL, etc..

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:37 AM, Marc Archer <marc at archernet.id.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> We run OSPF on our work network and we need to "peer" with another
> network also running OSPF. All the doco and examples around seem to
> illustrate the ASBR role by redistributing RIP from the other AS, but
> can this easily be done using OSPF all round? Can you run two OSPF
> processes on the border router and redistribute the routes from one to
> the other etc? Or does there need to be redistribution from another
> protocol here
>

> If it helps, the border router is in Area 0 on our side & we have been
> told to use 1.3.0.0 for the remote side
>

> Thanks,
>

> Marc

Eric Cables