[c-nsp] IOS 12.2(33)SRB2 clear arp-table

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Fri Mar 7 10:40:07 EST 2008

There are two things that the router does with its arp table...
1 It clears each hosts arp entry at some age interval, which can be
changed.
2 It periodically updates its arp-cache by sending out a unicast arp
for each arp entry it has.

The periodic refresh might be what you are seeing.

Without more details that's all I know.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University