[c-nsp] "Boot helper" or small IOS for Catalyst 3750

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri Mar 7 14:02:39 EST 2008

Peter Rathlev wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 10:10 -0600, Justin Shore wrote:
>> I don't believe xmodem transfer have been necessary beginning with the
>> Cat 3550s or there abouts.  The last xmodem I had to do was on a 2900XL
>> but nothing more recent than that.  rommon should be able to do TFTP
>> transfers beginning with the 3550s.
>
> Strange, I don't have any TFTP-related commands when I boot into ROMMON.
> I tried after a reboot with 12.2(25)SEE2 and 12.2(35)SE5, just to see if
> they'd upgrade the ROMMON.

Hey Peter.  Guess what I'm doing this morning?  Xmodem recovery on a
pair of switches that failed an upgrade with the archive command.  Woo
hoo!  What a way to waste a morning.  I haven't done this in years.

Come on Cisco, at least give us removable flash if we can't get a rommon
with IP support...  :-(

Justin