[c-nsp] SXH on a ME6524 crashing?

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Mar 13 08:22:43 EDT 2008

Is anyone experiencing any SXH issues on a ME6524?  I just had the RP in
one of mine crash.  The SP automatically rebooted the RP but when it
came back up it couldn't write configs.  Writing the config would result
in this errp:

startup-config file open failed (Device or resource busy)

Syslog does not show anything interesting other than the
%SYS-2-EXCEPTIONDUMP and that it was writing a core dump.

The 6524 is a replacement unit we put in on RMA some months back when a
physical port died on the previous unit.  I have a crashinfo file that
I'm going to run by TAC when we get our SmartNet negotiations over with
and everything is renewed.  I thought I'd see if anyone else was having
problems.  FYI, we're running the non-modular Adv IP.

On a side note, I'm curious if anyone happens to know if the SP would
continue forwarding traffic while the RP rebooted in our case.  Anyone know?

Justin