[c-nsp] Cisco 10k?

Matthew Crocker mcrocker at crocker.com
Thu Mar 13 16:39:24 EDT 2008

Doesn't the 10k use Ciscos FPGA chips (aka PXF)?  So if a feature
isn't in the FPGA code it gets punted to the main CPU and performance
goes to hell?

Isn't Cisco doing away with all the routers based off the FPGA code?
NSE-100, 7301, NSE-1   *very* fast when the packets can be handled in
PXF, not so good when they can't.

I see there is the new NSE-150 that replaces the NSE-100