[c-nsp] CVR-X2-SFP

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Thu Mar 13 17:26:31 EDT 2008

> > Does anyone try to use CVR-X2-SFP (Cisco TwinGig Converter Module)
> > with
> > cat6500 WS-X6708-10GE module.
> > I try to insert it but have "bad EEPROM".
>
> I would not expect them to work anywhere but on the
> 3750E, at least for now.

Given that (as far as I can work out) they work by having both X2 and SFP
connectors at the back of the slot in the switch, then I'm not surprised
that they don't work in the 6708 module. We use them successfully in 3750E's.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |    * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *