[c-nsp] T1 Bonding with PA-MC-T3

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sat Mar 15 08:37:54 EDT 2008

> > However, with "per-packet" can you utilize the full speed
> of the
> > 2 T's as if they were bonded like in MLPPP? That's the ultimate goal
> here.
>
> Memory says "yes" you get the full speed of 3Mb available with per-
> packet.
> It has been 8 years since I last used it, but I'm sure someone can back
> up my memory. ;)

As David says, I believe the performance of Per Packet load balancing is
actually better than that of MLPPP for total throughput, and it tends to
survive a failure or latency condition on a single transport layer much more
efficiently. MLPPP has a little more processor overhead on both sides as
well.