[c-nsp] show ip bgp community (not X) ?

Michael Smith mksmith at adhost.com
Sun Mar 16 22:35:18 EDT 2008

Hello Peter:

On Mar 12, 2008, at 3:42 AM, Peter Rathlev wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> When "browsing" BGP RIB, it's nice to be able to do a "show ip bgp
> community X" in global exec. But sometimes I of course want to show
> something more complex, like everything _without_ a specific
> community.
> The only way I know about is creating a community-list and using that
> for filtering, but that forces me to configure the box.
>
> Is there any "shorthand" from global exec to do something like that?
> We
> have scripts backing config up on every "Configured by", so having to
> configure the box just to do a show seems a little cumbersome. Or is
> there a much smarter way to do things? :-)

I realize you're asking a bigger question but, in answer to your one
above, you can do a "sho ip bgp community | exclude <whatever you want
to exclude>".   One thing I noticed is that the pattern matching
appears to look for everything after the ":" in the new-format.  So,
we match all incoming routes from TWTC with 11274:4323.  When I try to
match 11274:4323 I get nothing.  When I match 4323 I get everything
*but* 11274:4323.

Regards,

Mike