[c-nsp] MPLS or ?

Troy Beisigl troy at i2bnetworks.com
Mon Mar 17 20:14:17 EDT 2008

Hi all,

We are looking to do the setup shown below. Customer 1 has 3 locations (A, B
and C) and would like to be able to pass private traffic between all (WAN)
and would also like to get internet access as well. Two of those locations
will be DS1 circuits and the third will be DS3. All circuits will terminate
on the router shown as "our router" here and on Cisco CPE at the customer
end. From what I have been reading, it looks like it is not possible to do
this via MPLS being that all traffic would be tagged and/or switched on the
same router [our router]. Is this true? If so, what would be the best way to
accomplish this without putting them on their own router? If not true, how
would you go about doing this via MPLS?

                 T1                   GIGe

CUST.1A]---------[our router]--------[CORE switches]--

                 T1   / / /