[c-nsp] Cisco 10k?

Matt Addison maddison at iquest.net
Tue Mar 18 16:24:28 EDT 2008

Cisco have channelized OC3 SIPs (or, if you don't mind EOL equipment,
you can get engine 0 GSR 2x channelized OC3 cards). I think there's also
an Engine3 GSR OC12 channelized card. The SIP/SPA combo works on at
least the 12k and 7600 platforms, support is planned for the new ASRs I
believe but it's a few months off.

We're currently looking at replacing our Engine0 GSR solution with a
7600 SIP/SPA running channelized OC3 SPAs, but the per-port cost is kind
of steep with any of Cisco's channelized optical interfaces.

Also if anyone from Cisco is listening, when are you going to come out
with a channelized OC12 to DS3 SPA? It seems you can only get that on
the 7600 platform with an EOL OSM, and there's no SPA on the roadmap to
replace that.

~Matt