[c-nsp] IOS version

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 08:48:52 EDT 2008

After much deliberation, we chose to go 6500 for primarily GigE and
some 10Gig. Toyed with purchasing SIP-400 cards for lower speed WAN
style interfaces, but I think we can avoid that by using the VS-S720
for WAN facing ports as it has good size buffers. Of course we lose
all the fancy QoS and other features of the SIP-400, but that is a
reasonable trade off for our environment.

Overall we prefer the direction 12.2SX (6500) is taking, over 12.2SR
(7600). Time will tell...

Tim:>