[c-nsp] IOS version

Mark Tech techconfig at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 06:39:25 EDT 2008

Hi
Thanks for that. My requirements are:
1. to have an increased number of Ethernet ports for customer connections, i.e. make use of 48port GigE cards
2. to have stable BGP including carrying full Internet routes
3. Use basic policy maps for traffic rate limiting per interface
4. have the potential to use WAN interfaces, DS3, STM1 etc

My view was that a 6500 with SUP720 should be able to do this. As budgets are tight, I can get refurbished kit from Cisco authorised vendors at a very good price. I'd guess that there are a lot more refurbised  6500's that 7600's due to the maturity of the product

The alternative is to get some Foundry MLX's which I already run as my main peering boxes, however they only do Ethernet with no option for PDH/SDH etc  apart from STM4/16

Any suggestions