[c-nsp] SNMP query for just one interface?

Bernd Ueberbacher noc at mynet.at
Fri Mar 21 06:05:25 EDT 2008

Hi everyone!

One more problem before the weekend ;-)

Is it somehow possible to query just ONE interface of a Cisco router/switch?
I need to see the traffic going through a certain interface, but this
tiny "management" PC shouldn't see the other ports.

I found a website which points into the right direction (I guess),

snmp-server community public ro
snmp-server community ourCommStr ro
snmp-server community topsecret rw 60
snmp-server community hideit ro view noRouteTable

access-list 60 permit 10.1.1.1
access-list 60 permit 10.2.2.2

snmp-server view noRouteTable internet included
snmp-server view noRouteTable ip.21 excluded
snmp-server view noRouteTable ip.22 excluded
snmp-server view noRouteTable ifMIB excluded

but I'm still to stupid to query just one port without seeing anything
else (other ports, cpu, ...)

Please let me know/give me a hint how this can be done.

Thanks and have a nice weekend everybody,
Bernd