[c-nsp] LX vs. LH GBICs

Matt Stevens matt at elevate.org
Fri Mar 21 14:28:13 EDT 2008

Does anyone know what Cisco GBICs will report their media type as LX, vs
LH when looking at a show interface in a Cat65k?

I'm trying to get a link up between some non-cisco gear and a provider -
the providers show interface is saying "media type is LX".

A show interface from a similar link to a different provider gives
"media type is LX".

Cisco's just showing a single 1000Base-LX/LH GBIC in their docs, so I'm
a little confused about where the different media types are coming from.
--
matt