[c-nsp] LX vs. LH GBICs

Max Pierson max at hbcorporate.com
Fri Mar 21 16:57:59 EDT 2008

1000BaseLX/LH interfaces are fully comply with the IEEE 802.3z
1000BaseLX standard. However, their higher optical quality allows them
to reach 10 km over single-mode fiber (SMF) versus the 5 km specified in
the standard. This is where the LH kicks in...which allows them to
achieve a longer distance when used with SMF.

-nmp