[c-nsp] ASA or Router?

Church, Charles cchurc05 at harris.com
Fri Mar 21 16:04:08 EDT 2008

I'd lean towards the 2800 router, 2851 should work nice.  If you're
dealing with low bandwidth and VoIP, I think a true router will perform
better than an ASA, since you're got a boatload more QoS options.
NetFlow support is nice too when you're trying to figure out why
branches have totally saturated pipes.  QOS pre-classification and IPSec
will probably be handy too.  Check the VPN tunnel and VPN performance.
If bandwidths are expected to grow (like they're never not expected to
grow!), you might want to bump up to a 3825.

Chuck