[c-nsp] Proxy ARP -- To disable, or not to disable..

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Sat Mar 22 15:51:57 EDT 2008

On (2008-03-22 12:16 -0400), Julio Arruda wrote:

> I do remember one specific topology (DMS switches with EIUs and etc),
> where proxy-arp was used as a requirement in some configurations.

I can't think of single reason why you'd need proxy-arp, ever.
However, for residential connections local-proxy-arp is commonly needed feature
and for some cruel and unusual reason local-proxy-arp does not work without
having proxy-arp also on (at least this was the case in 12.2SB, hopefully
fixed since, didn't bother opening DDTS, but just as writing this, I
checked for DDTS and fond CSCds43725, no fixed IOS' so far)

--
  ++ytti