[c-nsp] Proxy ARP -- To disable, or not to disable..

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 16:06:03 EDT 2008

Ancient IP stack that doesn't understand the concept of subnetting?
We've got a couple of PBX devices with this problem. They assume 10/8,
with no option to add a subnet mask.

I'll be reminded of this in a few weeks time when we upgrade to 6500s.
Proxy-arp will be disabled. Any problems will come out of the
woodwork. Proxy-arp will then be selectively re-enabled to "fix" the
problem.

Tim:>