[c-nsp] Proxy ARP -- To disable, or not to disable..

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Sat Mar 22 16:41:50 EDT 2008

On (2008-03-22 16:06 -0400), Tim Durack wrote:

> Ancient IP stack that doesn't understand the concept of subnetting?
> We've got a couple of PBX devices with this problem. They assume 10/8,
> with no option to add a subnet mask.

If devices assume LAN, I'd opt giving them LAN via EoMPLS or EoMPLS
+ VPLS hub.
Other option would be static arp entry with 'alias' for the 10/8
address the ancient boxes need to reach, this assumes it's
very manageable amount of peers they need communicate.

But granted, there are some evil things, which are just easier to
leave untouched and hope that they'll die before you do.

--
  ++ytti