[c-nsp] RSPAN and ff02::1

Brady Alleman balleman-cisconsp at thtech.net
Tue Mar 25 15:28:11 EDT 2008

Is there a reason why traffic destined for ff02::1 wouldn't be captured
in an RSPAN session?  I've been trying to use RSPAN to track down hosts
acting as IPv6 routers on my network, but I don't see any traffic on my
RSPAN session to the link-local all-hosts address where the
advertisements are sent.  I do see traffic to ff02::2, which seems to
rule out any general multicast problems with the RSPAN session.  The
RSPAN session is on a 6500/Sup720 and with several VLAN sources.  Any
thoughts?

Thanks,

Brady Alleman