[c-nsp] LX vs. LH GBICs

Matt Stevens matt at elevate.org
Tue Mar 25 16:55:16 EDT 2008

A little follow-up. We got our link working with a GBIC that was
reporting LH on the Catalyst side.

I haven't been able to get any info out of the telco, like show
interface capabilities. So I'm really confused as to what the difference is.

It feels like there was a change in the Cisco part at some point, and
our equipment's working with one revision but not the other.

If anyone can shed some light on the difference between the GBICs
reporting LX and those that report LH - I'd love to solve this mystery
for future reference.
--
matt