[c-nsp] QoS problems on ATM pvc - IOS bug?

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Wed Mar 26 13:12:44 EDT 2008

On Wed, March 26, 2008 4:34 pm, neal rauhauser wrote:

> !production box - will have nothing to do with a policy being placed on
> the
> PVC
> interface ATM2/0.98004 point-to-point
>  description Irritated Customer, LLC
>  ip address 192.168.209.253 255.255.255.252
>  pvc 5/54
>   protocol ip 192.168.209.254
>   broadcast
>   encapsulation aal5snap
> !many attempts to get the service policy right here, ain't put on an
> appearance yet

Is there anything in the log?

In my experience, when QoS config fails to take, there's often an
explanation written to the log, but *not* to the console / VTY, regardless
of your logging or 'term mon' settings.  This makes it looks like the
command is failing silently, when in reality it's complaining about
something where you can't see it :(

Regards,
Tim.