[c-nsp] VPN Backup Link

Jeff Cartier jcartier at acs.on.ca
Wed May 7 09:15:43 EDT 2008

Hey Everyone,

I'm throwing this question out in attempts to get more detail that what I've currently been able to dig up.

My objective is to have a backup VPN connection in the event that our primary WAN link fails.  The routing protocol currently used is EIGRP.  We would need a router that could handle an est. 40Mbps of VPN traffic.

Any suggestions on where to look for sample configurations regarding VPN failover with EIGRP?
And which Cisco router would be ideal for this situation? (ie. Ability to handle 40Mbps VPN traffic).