[c-nsp] CEF Load balancing over Etherchannel (3750)

Paul paul at gtcomm.net
Sun May 11 19:39:14 EDT 2008

Does anyone know how to make CEF load balancing work over etherchannels
and actually load balance on the etherchannel?
I have two GEC interfaces with 2 ports in each, and then I have two
routes multipath, one to each GEC interface
The problem is that the CEF algorithm is the same as the etherchannel
algorithm and each one of the etherchannels ends up only sending out one
of the two ports so it is not load balancing.   I have tried changing
the port-channel load-balance setting to various things (I can not use
MAC because it's from one router to another) and I have tried changing
the cef load sharing algorithm.
Maybe this is a limitation of the 3750 platform? I have not tried this
on any of the other equipment.

Paul