[c-nsp] Label swapping on 7600 ethernet line cards

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue May 13 13:04:17 EDT 2008

Hi Jose,

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 12:16 -0400, Jose wrote:
> It was recently brought to my attention from a colleague that certain
> Ethernet line cards for the 7600 platform do not support label
> swapping.  We currently have WS-X6148-GE-TX line cards and we are
> planning on upgrading them due to their lack of jumbo frame support.  We
> were looking at the WS-X6148A-GE-TX since it has jumbo frame support but
> now the concern is whether this card will be able to swap labels.  Can't
> find any mention of this on CCO.

It does MPLS fine, both imposition/deposition and swapping. When using
PFC MPLS any LAN card can be used. Be aware though that PFC MPLS is
limited in some (many?) ways, so you can't do anything REALLY fancy. :-)

We had four WS-X6148A-GE-TX in production until recently. They may have
jumbo frame support, but they are oversubscribed and not really useful
for core links. (They're sold a "wiring closet" cards.)

Regards,
Peter