[c-nsp] Label swapping on 7600 ethernet line cards

Jose lobo at allstream.net
Tue May 13 12:16:58 EDT 2008

It was recently brought to my attention from a colleague that certain
Ethernet line cards for the 7600 platform do not support label
swapping.  We currently have WS-X6148-GE-TX line cards and we are
planning on upgrading them due to their lack of jumbo frame support.  We
were looking at the WS-X6148A-GE-TX since it has jumbo frame support but
now the concern is whether this card will be able to swap labels.  Can't
find any mention of this on CCO.

Our 7600 will be a "P" router and along with the ports on the SUP32, we
will have PE connections on the 6148A's ports as well.  Hence if two PEs
need to communicate with each other and they are on the 6148A will this
fail?  We would never use the 6148A for P to P connections, only for P
to PE.

Thanks for any tips.

Jose