[c-nsp] Fake Cisco Equipment News Articles - very interesting

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri May 16 01:42:13 EDT 2008

I'm very sorry that you have decided to reinterpret a pretty clear
statement that you should shut up about labelling a specific discussion
thread political, into a blanket statement that your being asked to
completely shut up.  Perhaps you have a paranoid complex and should
see a psychologist?

I'm just calling and raising in the silliness game here, Peter. ;-)

Seriously, I ojected to your post simply because your
taking a neutral word "politics" and immediately making an assumption
that it's a "bad" word.  As in all the Right Thinking Folk believe
that political discourse is a bad thing, and should not be spoken
of.

If you found Scott's rant about Chinese outsourcing out of
place simply because it was a political rant, and contributed
nothing of value to the technical discussion about counterfeit Cisco
gear, well there is nothing wrong with that.  It could have been
more respectful to simply say that you didn't think his last
paragraph on chinese outsourcing was on the topic he was
discussing. Rather than
what you did which was to attempt to terminate the entire
thread using a neutral word as a negative label.

In other words, your calling for the end of the thread claiming
it's too political, by doing one of the most common things that
a politician does, redefine words - in short, your engaging
in political activity to object to political discussion.  Classic,
textbook, Politics 101.

> I agree about the fact that Cisco has some explaining to
> do about this issue.

So do I.  And, the silence from the Cisco employee(s) that
normally follow this list, on this topic, speaks volumes.

Ted