[c-nsp] QoS ATM sub interface

Jason Berenson jason at pins.net
Thu May 22 11:26:54 EDT 2008

Nathan,

- We prioritize signaling because if one starts to lose OPTIONS messages
for example the call will be torn down.

- How can I run that without an ACL?

- Nothing useful in the logs and nothing gets printed to console.  We
need to have different QoS maps for custom jobs so applying a map just
to the main ATM interface isn't doable.  It has to be applied to the VC
since we're using CBWFQ:

router(config-subif)#  service-policy output voice
CBWFQ : Not supported on subinterfaces

I checked Ciscos site and this policy should be fine on the VC.  Here's
the old policy I was using:

policy-map voice
 class voice-signaling
  bandwidth percent 5
 class voice-traffic
  priority percent 70
 class class-default
  fair-queue
  random-detect

We were matching on mostly IP/ports with the old one.  Also, we aren't
going over the 75% limit of reserved bandwidth on the interface so
setting max-reserved-bandwidth 99 did not help.

Thanks,
Jason