[c-nsp] QoS ATM sub interface

Nathan have.an.email at gmail.com
Thu May 22 02:36:30 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Jason Berenson <jason at pins.net> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've recently simplified QoS on our edge routers.  Here's what we're using:
>
> class-map match-any Core_Voice_Signaling
> match access-group name Core_Voice_Signaling
> class-map match-any Core_Voice_RTP
> match access-group name Core_Voice_RTP
>
> policy-map voice
> class Core_Voice_Signaling
>  bandwidth percent 5
> class Core_Voice_RTP
>  priority percent 70
> class class-default
>  fair-queue
>  random-detect dscp-based
>
> ip access-list extended Core_Voice_RTP
> remark DSCP 24 = TOS 3
> permit udp any any dscp cs3
> remark DSCP ef
> permit udp any any dscp ef

You could run that without any access-list. I expect/hope that would
be less resource-intensive.

> ip access-list extended Core_Voice_Signaling
> remark SIP Signalling
> permit udp any any eq 5060
> permit tcp any any eq 5061

That does need an access-list though. Pity. Personally I don't do it,
either signalling is in the AF class, or it piggybacks on the EF
class, or it doesn't get prioritized. Is there anyone who can give an
example of voice problems experienced when signaling packets get
delayed or even lost?

> For some reason when I apply 'voice' to an ATM sub-interface it doesn't
> seem to show up under the show policy-map interface command.

Isn't there something in the logs? I don't know what log-level it is,
I usually run debugging, and when a service-policy is not applied
there is is never any error in the session like there would be if
there was a syntax error, but always something useful in the logs.
Turn on "terminal monitor" . . .

--
HTH
Nathan