[c-nsp] 6509 power supply question

Jarrod Friedland jarrod.friedland at gmail.com
Thu May 22 21:51:50 EDT 2008

Hi All

We have a 6509 with 2 x 1300W power supplies? rephrase we had :) - anyway,
one of the power supplies has died, we are sourcing a replacement however,
in the meantime I have another 6509 sitting next to me however it has 1800W
power supplies.

The question

Can I run a 6509 with 1 x 1300W and 1 x 1800W (redundant)? Are the issues
with doing this we should be aware of? I have asked this question of cisco
integrators however all we get is "The engineers have put their heads
together and say NO"

Its not something we would normally do however this is only temporary but I
cant do until we know conclusively that it will not have a detrimental
affect on the 6509 or any of its contents.

Thanks

Jarrod