[c-nsp] BGP Route selection

Gary Roberton gary.ciscomail at gmail.com
Fri May 23 04:21:30 EDT 2008

Hi All

I have router A receiving network 80.0.0.0 from router 1 and router 2.
Router 2 weights its metric so that it is less favourable.

In router A's BGP table I can see both routes and the route from Router 1 is
placed in the global routing table.  Fine.

When you turn off Router1, Router A removes the route from the routing table
and installs the less favoured route from Router2.  What you would expect.

When I turn on Router1, Router A does not put the better route back into the
routing table, even though it sees both in its BGP table.

Anyone know why?

Regards