[c-nsp] 6509 power supply question

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Fri May 23 10:47:33 EDT 2008

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note0918
6a008015bfa8.shtml

There is no such thing as an 1800W Power Supply. The 1300W is what is
delivered to power line cards. The 1800W is the total supply requirement.
The above url discusses both this as well as what happens when running
different power supplys. I was thinking that this had changed, but I can't
find what I was thinking (which was that they would run in redundant at the
lower power supply ability if capable) but it doesn't appear that way.

--
http://dcp.dcptech.com