[c-nsp] 6509 power supply question

Rick Martin rick.martin at arkansas.gov
Fri May 23 11:54:34 EDT 2008

>Jeff wrote;

On a somewhat related note... we have a 6509 that was "somehow"
originally wired for 110v, so we're only getting half the power rating
out of them.  I have new 220v mains, plugs, and cables ready... can they

be bumped over one at a time hot, or does it have to be down cold?

 I had the same scenario, the key factor is the sup - if you have sup
720 the sup, fans and blades require more wattage than the 1300 watt
power supply can provide, the switch failed in our case when we
attempted to roll one power supply over to the 208VAC source. Once we
had one 208 VAC source and the resulting 2500 watt power supply in place
the switch fired back up and we then swapped sources in the other power
supply with no further ill effects.

 With sup 2's we had no troubles upgrading one (power source) at a time.