[c-nsp] FWSM vlans down after host SSO

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Sat May 24 13:14:26 EDT 2008

On Sat, 24 May 2008, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

> The only thing that seems to help in this mess is to reboot the FWSM.
> Reload on the FWSM console does not work by the way (it seems to hang),
> I had to use "hw-module module 9 reset" every time this happened so far.
>
> Anyone having any ideas? I can get to the test kit in the lab on Monday
> earliest unfortunately.

Have you searched for possibly relevant bugs on CCO?  3.1(4) is pretty
old, and I suspect that if/when you open a case with Cisco, the first
thing they will recommend is that you upgrade to a newer version of code.
I have 3.2(4) running in production on about 20 FWSMs and it's pretty
stable, using both transparent and routed contexts.  I can't speak to the
IPv6 functionality at the moment because I'm not running any v6 contexts.
That's probably something I should turn up in my lab :)  4.0(1) came out
in the last week or so, but I haven't had a chance to try it out in my
lab yet.

A quick scan of the FWSM bug list shows some items that could be related
to your situation, but without more details, I could only guess...

I think opening a case with the TAC would be your best option at this
point.

jms