[c-nsp] 6509 sup 720 + export map

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Nov 5 01:24:11 EST 2008

Rakesh Hegde <> wrote on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 06:37:

> Hello,
>
> I am  not  able to filter prefixes using export map under vrf on a
> 6509 . I can set attibutes by matching prefixes with out issues ,
> it's just that I can not filter them . I have tried 12.2(33)SXH3a and
> 12.2(18)SXF7 with no luck.
>
> I was wondering if anybody had come accross the same issue.

if I recall correctly, we can't filter/drop routes in VRF export-maps
(we can in import-maps).. you could set "no-advertise" or a bogus
route-target extcommunity to prevent it from being advertised to your
RRs/remote PEs or from being imported into other VRFs.
If you don't want to export a certain VRF prefix, just don't
redistribute it into BGP (if it's a non-BGP route to begin with).

	oli