[c-nsp] 6509 sup 720 + export map

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Wed Nov 5 04:03:14 EST 2008

On Wed, November 5, 2008 6:24 am, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:

> if I recall correctly, we can't filter/drop routes in VRF export-maps
> (we can in import-maps).. you could set "no-advertise" or a bogus
> route-target extcommunity to prevent it from being advertised to your
> RRs/remote PEs or from being imported into other VRFs.
> If you don't want to export a certain VRF prefix, just don't
> redistribute it into BGP (if it's a non-BGP route to begin with).

Or don't set the export-target that should only be on *some* routes in the
VRF config, just set on the matching routes in the export-map.  I'm not
sure, off the top of my head, what happens if you have a VRF with *no*
export-target defined in the VRF config, but an rt ext-community set on
some routes in the export map - does the redist from 'local' BGP into
MP-BGP still happen?  I know there are some gotchas in the other
direction; even if you're matching an RT in the import map, you still need
it as an import target, or the prefix is dropped before it gets as far as
the map.

Regards,
Tim.