[c-nsp] 10G MMF on 12k ?

vince anton mvanton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 07:12:55 EST 2008

> There is no need to use attenuators for 10GBASE-LR even if you run it over
> a 1 meter cable. Also, I would be very surprised if cisco didn't support SR
> in that module, where did you get that information?

The datasheet doesnt say anything about supporting SR in that SPA. looks
like 10km with LR optics is the lowest you can go to cross a rack !!! -
check it out at
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps6267/product_data_sheet0900aecd804dc62d.html

 whats everyone doing with 10G on the 12k out there ?

For 10GE on 12k, I'd say the SIP-601 + SPA1x10GE-L-V2 is the best way to go.

thanks for that :-)

cheers,

anton