[c-nsp] Multiple Ethernet links for redundancy

Rinse Kloek rinse.kloek at isp.solcon.nl
Fri Nov 7 13:47:35 EST 2008

One option is to configure bot interfaces with the same IP adresses and
settings and use the following command on the primary interface:

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 backup interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

The GigabitEthernet 0/1 will be up and the GigabitEthernet 0/2 will be
standby. If the link on Gi0/1 is going down, Gi0/2 will get up.

regards Rinse