[c-nsp] c3660: Utterly baffled by ROMs

Nicholas Linn nicklinn at nurro.net
Sat Nov 8 14:18:45 EST 2008

Ted,

	Oh I have an image and it runs fine, to a degree.  I had upgraded
the flash memory in the unit and since I am working on a bit of a budget I
got cheaper after market stuff.  The problem is that my boot rom doesn't see
the flash properly.  So in order to run the correct image, I have to first
boot a smaller image from a PCMCIA card, at which point the flash can now be
seen, from there I need to do a "reload warm file xxxxxxxxx.bin" in order to
boot the image I really want.  In the end I am wasting about 12 megs on the
PCMCIA card for the second image, that could be put to far better use.  I
have been assured by the seller that the latest boot rom will see the flash
properly also having a tftp client from rommon would be nice too which I
understand some of the newer versions have.

	I can find the boot-3600= (for the 3620 and 3640) in many places so
I don't think my question is unreasonable.

Thanks,
Nick