[c-nsp] ASA IPS Module - logging sent to email

Ben Steele ben.steele at internode.on.net
Sun Nov 9 22:57:29 EST 2008

Has anybody setup an IPS module in an ASA to send an email on a triggered
event?

Just briefly looking through there is no obvious function for it, right now
the only way I can think of doing it is by setting it to generate a log
based on an event action and then setting up a logging class on the ASA to
pick that up and email to the specified address.

Would be interested to hear from anyone currently doing it - Note I don't
want everything, I just want to be able to select specific events (ie if I
make the action to generate a log for the events concerned to do it then
thats fine.)

Cheers

Ben